Wednesday, March 21, 2018

# Life # Random Thought

"Tanggal Cantik"

21-03- 2018.

Today, out of nowhere, I was thinking that on this very day, 5 years ago, could be a perfect day to do something good. Well, I know that we are all taught that we should always do good everyday. But what I mean by "something" is things you never think you'd do before, something daring and challenging like starting a new business, hiking or jumping off a cliff, starting a conversation to someone you've been secretly stalked and infatuated with or anything special that you'd like to remember.

21-03-2013, nice combination of number, isn't it?

Lucky numbers, high hopes.
Well not everybody think the same way, but perhaps in Indonesia, some people still think that there are such good days, good dates, lucky numbers, "tanggal cantik" and so on. Therefore, many people would choose those particular days and dates to get married, to give birth (C-section), to propose to the girlfriends (or boyfriends) or to confess love. Ya, I know I sound cheesy but I bet some people would smile and nod with me on this 🙂

http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/numbers-and-metrication/

So, tell me what did you do on this day, 5 years ago?

There's nothing wrong about stopping for a while and reflecting your life on this -not christmas nor new year nor your birthday- day. How far you've been walking within this 5 years, your accomplishment, your loss and what it taught you, how far you've changed, and have you become the person you wished you would become 5 years later?

I personally had nothing special happening on 21-03-2013. Too many things occured all the way from March 21,2013 to March 21,2018. It's a little impossible to recall everything date by date. But I think, I can still remember some of the in-betweens.

Life has done me wonders. It's been a hell of a ride. There were some days when I jumped so high and there were some days I had to stoop so low to gather my pieces. The person I am now wasn't exactly the person I tought I would become. I've changed quite a lot in terms of thinking, vision, behavior, commitment and many more. I've grown.

Early this morning, I opened up my diary again and found out my bucket list I wrote several years ago. Some were ticked, some were still empty. Some were still relevant, some made me wonder what  I was thinking when I wrote them 😜

Now back to you, what did you do on this day, 5 years ago?




Ps:
It's funny that I ended up this post with a question because apparently nobody's gonna read this post anyway, so nobody's gonna answer. And I think that's the good thing of having my own blog. I can express my thought without worrying of flooding people's social media homepage with my long random rant. It's like running and rolling and jumping on your own lawn.

But if you happen to read this, then thanks a lot!

Warmest hugs all the way from here to there,
Dian 💕



No comments:

Post a Comment